Rancho Cucamonga, CA area dentist offers services for the whole family
Visiting a dentist in the Rancho Cucamonga, CA area who provides a wide selection of treatments for patients of all ages is the first step in achieving better oral health and wellness for everyone in the family. Below is a sample of the many procedures and treatments used for children and adults in our state-of-the-art dental facility:
- Cleanings and Examinations – cleaning the teeth and undergoing a physical examination is a great way to make sure the smile is healthy and beautiful!
- Fillings (Composite and Amalgam) – fillings are used to address cavities which may develop within a tooth. Our practice offers both amalgam silver fillings as well as composite resin, tooth-colored fillings
- Root Canal Therapy – procedures such as root canal therapy may be necessary to salvage a tooth that has been injured, diseased, or infected
- Tooth Extractions – removal of a natural tooth may be necessary. It is often done with wisdom teeth or in the preparation of starting orthodontic work. Some patients may have teeth extracted to prepare for full dentures or to eliminate teeth that are too broken to repair
- Crowns and Bridges – crowns and bridges are common porcelain restorations used in the smile to achieve better function and beauty
- Porcelain Veneers – covering imperfections of the smile can be done with the use of porcelain veneers. These thin facings are bonded to the front of a tooth to change its entire appearance
- Braces (Traditional and Invisalign) – orthodontic work may be necessary to address malocclusion of the smile. Our practice offers both traditional metal bracket and wire braces and clear aligner tray treatment
- Composite Resin Bonding – resin bonding is great for covering gaps between teeth or addressing imperfections of the smile. It is a less costly alternative to porcelain veneers
- Dental Implants – a dental implant is a wonderful solution for patients with a missing tooth looking for a permanent, beautiful, and natural looking alternative to dentures or bridges
- Dentures (Full and Partial) – full and partial dentures are available in our practice for replacing one or more teeth missing within the smile
Our practice has two conveniently located offices at both Hesperia and Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Our Hesperia office can be reached at (760) 947-7777 and our Rancho Cucamonga, CA area office is at (909) 985-9898. At Family Specialty Dentistry, we encourage patients in the community to consider our practice for the many services offered for patients of all ages!
Rancho Cucamonga CA Dentist Protects Your Brush
At the office of your Rancho Cucamonga CA dentists at Family Specialty Dentistry, we have equipped our office with the very best in dental technology currently available in order to provide the highest quality care and most up-to-date treatments out there. By combining our years of training, education and experience with these tools- we are confident more and more in our abilities to bring every single patient that walks into our office a healthy smile that can last a lifetime.
Of course, it’s not only our efforts here at the office that go into long-lasting dental care. You actually have one of the best tools in the world for maintaining your oral health at home- your toothbrush. Below we have provided some tips and tricks to keep your toothbrush in top form for every cleaning, every time.
-Before and after brushing, wash the bristles of your brush off under hot water while stroking a finger through the head. This combination should allow for most leftover particles stuck on the brush to be washed away in time for your next scrubbing.
-Place your brush in a holder that allows for it to be upright and with access to plenty of air. Letting it dry naturally is better than placing a lid or cap on the head, which can actually cause bacteria growth.
-Don’t let the head of the brush make contact with other surfaces, including other brushes, to prevent cross contamination.
-Replace your brush every 3-4 months with a brand new one to ensure the integrity and germ-free regimens every single time!
Combine the above steps with daily brushing and flossing, alongside twice-yearly exams and cleanings with your Rancho Cucamonga CA dentists to keep your oral health at its best! Call our office today at (909) 985-9898 or click here to schedule an appointment today!
Rancho Cucamonga CA Dentist on Ending Aches Right
A toothache can be caused by a variety of sources and problems. And in an age where a simple internet search can offer us solutions to almost anything, why wouldn’t we head there for medical advice as well? Today your Rancho Cucamonga CA dentists at Family Specialty Dentistry will be examining a dental “rumor,” of sorts, both found on the internet and spread by mouth for ages, that focuses on at-home toothache relief using a very common pain reliever. But could the way it is suggested to be used in this application actually more harmful than good?
The pain reliever we are referring to here is aspirin. You take it for when you have a headache, some minor body pain here and there…swallow two capsules and it just works. The key here is swallowing those capsules.
The rumor we have seen mentioned and whispered involves taking an aspirin and crushing it on or placing it next to a tooth that is in pain. Several utilizers of this method swear by it, but your Rancho Cucamonga CA dentist could not advise against it more.
Aspirin is acidic by its very nature. That is one of the reasons that it has a safety coating on it. By swallowing it, the coating dissolves naturally over time and will not release fully until in the digestive tract. When it gets to this point, the acidic content can do less harm to softer tissues of the body and can release into the bloodstream more efficiently.
If you keep the aspirin in your mouth too long it will burn your soft gum tissue and/or tongue. You will end up with not only a chemical burn but also still have the same toothache you did before. It is, for this reason, we advise against this idea altogether.
While an aspirin may help temporarily relieve some pain in your teeth, the ultimate way to diagnose and treat the underlying issue is by making an appointment with your Rancho Cucamonga CA dentists at Family Specialty Dentistry.
Call our office today at (909) 985-9898 or CLICK HERE to request your appointment.
Welcome to the official WordPress blog of Family Specialty Dentistry.
Coming soon we will be posting various blogs written on topics such as dental hygiene, maintenance, prevention, news and more. We do this in order to help answer patient questions and enhance patient knowledge.